Life is demanding. It’s hard to ﬁnd time to take care of yourself and your family members as it is, never mind when one of you isn’t feeling well. That’s why your health plan through Cigna includes access to medical and behavioral/mental health virtual care.
Whether it’s late at night and your doctor or therapist isn’t available, or you just don’t have the time or energy to leave the house, you can:
- Access care from anywhere via video or phone.
- Get medical virtual care 24/7/365 – even on weekends and holidays.
- Schedule a behavioral/mental health virtual care appointment online in minutes.
- Connect with quality board-certiﬁed doctors and pediatricians, as well as licensed counselors and psychiatrists.
- Have a prescription sent directly to your local pharmacy, if appropriate.
Medical virtual care for minor conditions costs less than ER or urgent care center visits, and maybe even less than an in-office primary care provider visit. Board-certiﬁed doctors and pediatricians can diagnose, treat and prescribe most medications for minor medical conditions, such as:
- Cold and ﬂu
- Insect bites
- Joint aches
- Pink eye
- Respiratory infections
- Sinus infections
- Skin infections
- Sore throats
- Urinary tract infections
Licensed counselors and psychiatrists can diagnose, treat and prescribe most medications for nonemergency behavioral/mental health conditions, such as:
- Bipolar disorders
- Child/adolescent issues
- Eating disorders
- Life changes
- Men’s issues
- Panic disorders
- Parenting issues
- Postpartum depression
- Relationship and marriage issues
- Women’s issues
Cigna partners with two national virtual care providers: Amwell and MDLIVE®. Both are quality options, so no matter which one you choose, you can feel conﬁdent in your care.
- Amwell – medical virtual care only.
- MDLIVE – medical and behavioral/mental health virtual care.
Cigna Behavioral Health also provides access to video-based counseling through Cigna’s network of providers. To ﬁnd a provider, visit myCigna.com, go to “Find Care & Costs” and enter “Virtual counselor” under “Doctor by Type.” Additionally, you can call the number on the back of your Cigna ID card 24/7. Also, be sure to check out other information by downloading the myCigna app to conveniently:
- Search for in-network health care providers
- that can help you save money
- Estimate costs for procedures and prescriptions
- Review your plan’s coverage
- Track expenses, savings and rewards
- Take your health assessment
- View and share your ID cards